What Lies Ahead…

Anya’s scared of what lies ahead. I am too.

I emailed our transplant coordinator, Cindy, on Monday asking her to let us know when the doctors from the two transplant teams (lung and liver) were planning on meeting.  Cindy emailed me back shortly after and let us know that the meeting was scheduled to take place on Wednesday, May 7th.  Shortly after the meeting, she will let us know their decision.

Next Wednesday, we will know whether Duke will take on this complex double lung retransplant + liver transplant.  I cannot express in words the enormity of this decision, which is why we are both scared.  I keep going over all of the scenarios in my head.  I can’t imagine what is going through Anya’s head.  There’s really nothing else to do, but hold our breath until next Wednesday.

Thank you for all of the support and prayers.  Every little bit helps.

3 thoughts on “What Lies Ahead…

  1. Heather says:

    You both are in my prayers and thoughts. I’m sure the minutes are going so slow while waiting. If I can do anything please let me know. Love you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *